The HP5D performs the following functions:
- Horizontal Boring
- Panel Grooving
- Glue Insertion
- Dowel Insertion
The HP5D will drill holes, insert dowels and cut panel grooves on stiles and rails. This makes the HP5D an all-in-one drilling, doweling and grooving machine.
- 3 HP high frequency 18,000 RPM direct drive routing spindle for horizontal boring
- 7 HP high frequency 18,000 RPM direct drive routing spindle mounted vertically for panel grooving
- X Axis CNC control for positioning
- 15″ industrial color touchscreen for creating and selecting programs
- 4 zones
- 4 clamp units
- Panel Grooving Tooling
- Digital mechanical readouts for height and depth
- 60″ work zone
- Heavy duty 2000 lb. frame
- 1″ thick machined aluminum work surface covered with a 3M maintenance free non-slip surface
- Our standard sealed glue injecting system injects glue or water with little to no maintenance.
- Small footprint to conserve floor space
- Our “protrusionator” dowel inserter allows for adjustment of dowel protrusion.
Advantages of The HP5D:
- Quick, accurate assembly of TFL doors
- Elimination of complicated machine setup
- Perform multiple machining operations on one machine reducing the amount of time the part is being transferred.
- Gain production times on CNC routers and Point to Points by shifting boring, doweling and grooving to the HP5D.
HP5D in Action
There are four work zones on the machine with a “pop-up” fence. The “pop-up” fence is placed 18″ away from the left fence. When processing rail ends the operator will use zones 1 and 2, then they will transfer these parts to either zone 3 or 4 to cut the inside panel groove. When processing stiles the “pop-up” fence retracts, and stiles are processed in zones 1 and 4. Each zone has two overhead clamps. When using the machine in a stile mode four clamps will be dedicated to zone 1 and four clamps will be dedicated to zone 4.
Programming Screen Shot
The HP5D is designed and built to accurately dispense water or glue into a pre-drilled hole. The amount of glue/water to be administered is defined and metered thru programmable electronic control. The HP5Ds’ insertion system is an enclosed system using needle and seat at valve, diaphragm pump with a maximum air pressure of 100 psi, with infinite adjustment to all valves. The HP5D injector nozzle is constructed with Delrin, a self sealing, non stick material. The Delrin nozzle is leak resistant over a wide viscosity range making it an ideal material for a low viscosity substance such as water as well as higher viscosity glues. Unlike steel, Delrin is a non-stick material. This means that glue is unable to bond with the Delrin and then to the needle, thus vastly reducing the likelihood of blockage. Pillar Machine also uses a 5 seal system to prevent glue/water from seeping back thru the system and into the electrovalve. There is a sensor on the back side of the glue/water valve that verifies that the glue valve has opened and has reached full stroke. By sensing that the glue valve has fully opened, the HP5D accurately determines whether
glue/water actually exited the valve.
- HSK 63-F quick change panel groove spindle
- Additional horizontal spindles (pilot drilling for confirmat screw)
- Vertical overhead boring spindle
- Longer table lengths
- CNC control of additional axis
- Additional work zones
- Additional work zones dedicated for rail end work (for doweling face frames)
- Bar-code reader
- Parametric programming (standard or built to customer specifications)
- Louver grooving
- Dado routing
- “Modeez Clip” routing
Note: Standard features, options and information may change with or without prior notice.
MADE IN THE USA
All Pillar Machine Machines are built 100% at our Salt Lake City Factory.
The benefits of purchasing an American made machine extend far beyond simply supporting the “local” economy.
Additional benefits include.
Parts are all sourced from Vendors in North America.
This increases parts availability & and assures honest pricing.
Real Factory Support
When technical assistance is required you can often talk directly to the people that built, wired and tested your machine.